SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Leads the Sales and Marketing efforts for the AutoWrap, ProtectRite and Industrial product lines for ABI Tape. This position supports the Business Unit Director in managing products and opportunities within the assigned markets. The Sales Specialist has direct sales responsibility at house accounts and supports both the Territory Managers and distributors for assigned markets. The Specialist works with OEMS to secure product specification approvals, new product introductions, and new concepts. Preferred East Coast/ Midwest location.
• Build and maintain contact with key decision-makers in the automotive and industrial markets including engineers and manufacturing plant personnel.
• Participate in joint sales calls with distributors and territory managers.
• Direct sales responsibility at house accounts. This is primarily limited to OEMs sold on a direct basis.
• Secure and maintain approvals of ABI products at OEMs and Tier accounts.
• Compilation and analysis of market trends and data used to establish sales terms, pricing, and field support programs.
• Support field sales and distributors through a joint account development program.
• Develop and implement sales and product promotions designed to expand the sale of automotive products.
• Maintain competitive information and design programs to position ABI as the market leader in areas of responsibility.
• Serve as an application specialist to field both customer inquiries and territory manager questions.
QUALIFICATIONS and EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Preferred candidate will have a minimum of two (2) years sales experience.
Additional qualifications should include:
• Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to understand technology and technical issues.
• Good sales and project management skills.
• Effective use of technology and software, including Surface/laptop, email, and Microsoft Suite.
• Excellent people and customer relationship skills.
• Effective presentation and meeting skills. Able to sell new concepts or ideas.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business and/or technical discipline.
• Multi-lingual a plus.