Product Manager – Building & Construction
I. SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Development and execution of profitable growth programs for assigned segment(s) including P&L of the relevant company products. Works closely with the Business Unit Director to recommend commercial strategy and direction regarding products, placement, positioning and competitive offering. This could include product sourcing or internal product/process development with support team. Ensure highest levels of customer satisfaction regarding quality and service. Understand, track and react to competitive activities. Maintain some contact with key customers and have deep understanding of their business, applications and markets served. Propose new product ideas and provide the relevant market data. Work with the Market Specialist / Business Unit Director to optimize product offering and margin / contribution of relevant products.
II. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop and execute strategies and action plans pertaining to the marketing (including but not limited to: product management, product positioning, competitive landscape, sales promotion programs, and market programs) of assigned market segments.
• In conjunction with the Business Unit Director ensure that the Divisional margin and profit plans for the relevant products/segments are met / exceeded.
• Develop the necessary tools / programs required to sell and position the company’s products.
• Develop relationships with key customers and gain understanding of their business, applications and markets. In conjunction with the Market Specialist increase specification rate.
• Recommend and coordinate the addition of new products to the line or modification or elimination of existing products.
• Prepare and recommend sales volume budgets, margins and strategies for the relevant products / segments on an (at least) an annual basis.
• Support continuous improvement to the product quality and service requirements.
• Work closely with peers, management team and all other ABI/Ideal colleagues and lead with integrity, team spirit and passion.
III. QUALIFICATIONS and EDUCTION REQUIREMENTS.
Preferred candidate will have a minimum of three (3) years of marketing and sales experience.
Additional qualifications should include:
• Prior experience in communications, branding, and project management working with cross functional teams.
• Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
• Strong project management experience managing mid to longer-term projects.
• Plan and manage trade shows with Business Unit Director.
• Prior experience / knowledge of value marketing.
• Work closely with sales organization to understand the market and provide required support.
• Excellent planning, organizational, analytical, leadership, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent people and customer relations skills.
• Able to develop a marketing plan and follow through with plan implementation.
• Effective presentation and meeting skills. Able to sell new concepts or ideas.
• Any experience securing OEM approvals and working with OEM engineers is a plus.
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited school. A Business/Marketing/Communications or related discipline is a plus.