Customer Service Representative
NOTE: This position qualifies for the employee referral bonus program.
To provide excellent customer service and support to our customers. The Customer Service Representative (CSR) will also ensure a memorable customer service experience answering questions and resolving inquiries with utmost compassion, care, and accuracy. The CSR is the primary contact for existing or new customers. The CSR will process orders, prepare correspondence, and fulfill customer needs to ensure customer satisfaction. This will also require significant interaction with internal support functions.
• Process customer purchase orders via automated order entry system.
• Process sample orders as requested.
• Open and maintain customer accounts by recording account information.
• Manage incoming inquiries.
• Responsible for fielding and referring calls and messages to and from territory managers, product managers, and customers.
• Resolve product or service problems by clarifying the customer’s complaint; determining the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
• Identify and assess customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction.
• Build sustainable relationships of trust through open and interactive communication.
• Foil ow communication procedures, guidelines, and policies.
• Go the extra mile to engage customers.
• Greet customers warmly and ascertain reason for calling.
• Act as the company gatekeeper
• Work with customer service manager to ensure proper customer service is being delivered.
• Handle and communicate changes in policies.
• Works closely with Shipping and Export departments to ensure all documentation is accurate and meets customs and customer requirements.
• Speak, read and write English
• Proven customer support experience
• Strong phone contact handling skills and active listening
• Familiar with CRM/JD Edwards software a plus
• Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters
• Excellent communication and computer skills
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
• High school diploma or equivalent; college degree a plus
• Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
• Strong ability to interact in a team environment
• Experience with export processing is a plus
• Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) a plus