Associate Product Manager – Protective and Industrial Products
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Supports the ABI and Ideal Tape Sales and Marketing efforts in the surface protection and Industrial segments. This position supports the Business Unit Director in managing products and opportunities within the assigned markets including product development, approvals, new business development and product introductions.
The Associate Product Manager is also responsible for researching and compiling key marketing trends and competitive information. The position also assists field sales with new product launch’s and application training.
This is a Moorestown, NJ based position.
• Build and maintain contacts with key manufacturing plant, engineering and purchasing decision-makers in the surface protection and industrial markets.
• Develop new approvals in the Surface Protection, Appliance and Aerospace approvals for served markets to expand market share in these segments.
• Serve as the primary application specialist and trainer to the surface protection, Appliance, and Industrial segments.
• Investigate and develop new product and market opportunities within the automotive and appliance segments.
• Participate in joint sales calls with distributors and territory managers.
• Compilation and analysis of market trends and data used to establish sales terms, pricing, and field support programs.
• Maintain competitive information and design
QUALIFICATIONS and EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Preferred candidate will have a minimum of two (2) years sales/marketing experience.
Additional qualifications should include:
• Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to understand technology and technical issues.
• Good sales and project management skills.
• Effective use of technology and software, including Surface/laptop, email, and Microsoft Suite.
• Excellent people and customer relationship skills.
• Effective presentation and meeting skills. Able to sell new concepts or ideas.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business and/or technical discipline.
• Multi-lingual a plus.